What If I Wait Until Next Year to Buy a Home?We recently shared that national home prices have increased by 6.7% year-over-year. Over that same time period, interest rates have remained
Tips For Raising Your Credit Score
- Pay your bills on time.
- Delinquent payments and collections can have a major negative impact on your score.
- If you have missed payments, get current and stay current.
- The longer you pay your bills on time, the better your score.
- Be aware that paying off a collection account will not remove it from your credit report.
- It will stay on your report for seven years.
- If you are having trouble making ends meet, contact your creditors or see a legitimate credit consultant.
- This won't improve your score immediately, but if you can begin to manage your credit and pay on time, your score will get better over time.
- Keep balances low on credit cards and other “revolving credit”.
- High outstanding debt can affect a score.
- Pay off debt rather than moving it around.
- The most effective way to improve your score in this area is by paying down your revolving credit. In fact, owing the same amount but having fewer open accounts may lower your score.
- Don't close unused credit cards as a short-term strategy to raise your score.
- Don't open a number of new credit cards that you don't need, just to increase your available credit.
- This approach could backfire and actually lower score.
Texas REALTOR Hite Properties Cell: 713-480-0889 Office: 936-270-8090 x 109 E-fax: 936-270-8774 Best Priced Properties Team Montgomery County TX Real Estate Experts Client First! We believe ou....
Latest Blog Posts
Honest, knowledgeable, resourceful and care about their client's individual needs. Your Montgomery County Real Estate Experts specializing in new construction, relocation, first time home buyer,
This Just In: Data Says May is the Best Month to Sell Your Home According to a newly released study by ATTOM Data Solutions, selling your home in the month of May will net you